Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Mission Statement

Today in Finding Your Path we had to write our 'Mission Statement' basically what we wanted in our life. It asked several questions the I had to write the statement. I liked it a lot so I'll post it here as well.

My Mission Statement for my life is full of big dreams. I want to go to college, I want to travel around the world and discover new things. I want to write fantasy novels for children and adults alike. I'd like to study marine animals and on top of it all I'd like to have children. Some of the things I value are: family, hard work, spirituality, fairness and equality, and happiness. Some of the things that make me happy are being with friends, playing the piano, and writing.

Today while doing Geometry I was thinking about when Ginanne was learning Geometry. I can remember her asking mom about things like 'plain,' 'line,' and 'point' and thinking the projects she had to do were strange. Now that I'm doing them they actually make sense.

Anyway, piano lessons are later today and I'm probably as prepared as I'll ever be. I've been playing these songs all summer and I'm pretty good at them. Hopefully the teacher passes them off.

This morning I didn't have Seminary because the regular high school students had a two hour late start. I was tired while doing schoolwork. That was bad since I was doing the Scantron test. I nearly fell asleep half way through it. The test it self was only supposed to take an hour, but since it customizes itself to the person taking the test, it took me nearly an hour and a half, until mom said I could take a break. I got on later and finished it, taking another half hour. The test took two hours longer than it was scheduled to.

It was a tiring test as well. It included lots of things that I didn't understand. Maybe that was why it took so long to finish, because it had to find my exact level.

I got into a discussion today during English about what would happen if you ate some certain type of candy then drank soda. They kept saying that it would make your stomach explode. Several people said they would try it and then post the results. It'll be entertaining to see what they are. I doubt their stomach would explode but it might be fun to try, to see what happens myself.

So long for now,
~The Big Dreamer~