Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Review: The Key of Kilenya by Andrea Pearson

As I'm sure most, if not all of my readers know, I am a big procrastinator. As such, I didn't start reading this book until late two nights ago. I continued reading all day yesterday and into the night. The thing is, even if I could have put the book down, and still have finished it on time, I wouldn't have. It completely enthralled me, and this is even the second time I've read it, the first being online, a couple months ago.

From the first page, this book drew me into it and kept me in Eklaron with the main character, Jacob. The action just kept coming, sending new twists and challenges that had to be faced. If Jacob wasn't dealing with one thing, he was trying to escape from something else.

When explaining the book to my sister, I said it was a classic fantasy adventure; a seemingly normal boy with a fairly normal life gets pulled into some different place and goes on a quest that changes a lot of things. However, this is far more than that. The challenges that the main character, Jacob, faces are original. The creatures he has to live among and fight against are new, fresh, and creative compared to other similar novels I've read. There aren't orcs, vampires, or elves. Instead, there are Makalos, Molgs, and Eetus.

Beyond the plot and the creative new creatures, the characters themselves were lovable. Throughout the book, new characters were being introduced, and all of them had a distinct personality that made them memorable.

All in all, this book was one I was glad to add to my bookshelf, and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series.

To purchase The Key of Kilenya, check out this link: http://www.kilenyaseries.com/p/purchase-information.html
To check out Andrea Pearson's blog, click this link:  http://www.kilenyaseries.blogspot.com