- My best time to write is in the middle of the night, when the house is silent and my imagination can run wild without distractions. I always get my best writing in when I write in the middle of the night.
- When I'm at home, my hair is always up in a pony tail or a messy bun. In public, it's almost always down. I can't stand it being down when I'm at home, and out in public, I can't stand it being up.
- I can't pass by a book. If it's sitting on somebody's table, and I'm in their house, I pick it up to look at it. I always admire peoples bookshelves and all the books that are on it. I could spend hours at a bookstore and/or a library, if I were allowed.
- When I prewrite something, I always hand write it, on paper, usually with a pen, because it takes more effort and time, so I put more effort and time into prewriting it. That way, when I'm typing the story on the computer, I have a firm foundation to work with.
- I listen to music all day long, every day. I never get sick of it, and I can't stand being in silence too long. However, when I'm trying to sleep, I can't stand having any sound at all. I think it distracts me, so my mind is too busy to sleep.
- I like lists. I make them all the time. However, I rarely actually follow them once they're made. I just like making them.
- I'm actually a very organized person, despite the clutter that seems to follow me everywhere. Everything has to have a place, even it is in a cluttered mess, they all have a place, and I know exactly how to arrange them back into the exact same looking cluttered mess every single time they get messed up from their cluttered mess...if that cluttered mess of words made sense.
- I like sharp pencils. Once they get even the slightest bit dull, I discard them for a sharper one. That's why I switched to ink, because I got sick of sharpening pencils all of the time.
- I like to collect things. You know those little plastic tag things that come on bread bags? Yeah, I collect those, and have for years. I have a whole jar of them. I once collected those little paper dots that come out of the hole punch, but then they spilled everywhere and made a mess, so I threw them away. As a kid, I collected rocks. Not even cool looking rocks, just plain old ugly rocks. I threw those out too.
- I love to learn, but I hate school. It's too structured. I learn more, and better, and can remember it all longer, when I research and learn things myself, without being told to study it. It's like when I'm told to study in school, my brain rebels and shuts down. I've learned more about science and math by researching obscure facts for my novels than I ever learned in my school classes specifically meant to teach me those things.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
This post has ended. You can stop reading now. ~Major Bookworm~ at 9:53 PM