Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

And So The Frantic Writing Begins

Along with writing a novel, I've decided to attempt NaBloPoMo again, since I only got halfway through in the month in May. This month's theme is easier for me. It is NOW, and it gives you a daily prompt as well.

Today's prompt is: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

The answer to that is easy. I've always wanted to be a writer.

The novel I'm going to attempt in June is a Sci-Fi, a genre I have never tried before, so it should be exciting. I've added a new page to this blog that tracks my progress. You can access it at the toolbar at the top of the page. Make sure to yell at me if I get too far behind, okay?

A fun part of writing during these month long novel writing things is all the challenges you receive of random things to put in your novel. I haven't been given very many yet, so suggestions of random things to put in my novel are very welcome.

My mascot during the month of June is this little creature I call Mr. Mouws. I picked him up from a geocache in Oregon last time we went, and I had no idea what animal he was. The closest I could guess was a cow/mouse, hence the name: cow + mouse = mouws. Later, Lydia suggested he might be a monkey, and it also fits somewhat, I suppose, but it was too late to change the name.

Mr. Mouws will be included in my novel, in some way or another.