Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Words and Wishes

Today's Prompt: Japanese lore suggests that if you fold 1,000 cranes your wish will come true. What would your wish be, and what would you be willing to do 1,000 times to get it?

How about, my wish is to get a book published and I would write 50 words, 1,000 times to get it. Oh wait, I've already done that, and I'm working on it again........And, for that matter, I've helped fold 1,000 cranes as well, for Ginanne's wedding.

I included the Spanish speaking zombie cat in my writing today. It appeared in a dream sequence. I think writing dream sequences are a lot of fun to write, because you get to lead the readers on, making them think it is really happening then all of a sudden, some weird twist happens and everyone is like 'what?' and then they find out it's just a dream that the characters wakes up screaming from it. Yes, dreams are fun to write.