Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight and Gingerbread House

Yesterday and today have been fun. Yesterday we got the first real snow of the season, and now there is a couple of inches on the ground. That's exciting, also we went and saw Twilight last night. It was really good. Lydia, who refuses to read the books, liked it, but she didn't get all the subtle points on it that mom and I got because we have read the books. I still think that Jacob is better than Edward though. Even in the movie he was cuter. We all agreed that Bella in the movie looks and acts just like Heather, her real name is Kristen Stewart too.

Today we are building our gingerbread house for the WAVA competition. The theme is 'Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go,' so we have to make a river and a forest and then grandmother's house, that is the actual house of the piece. We even have a sleigh with a horse made of clay stuff that is following the path. It is looking good so far and I'm excited about the contest. I'll have to post some pictures when it's finished.

The vocab words for Spanish this week is food, so every time I do Spanish I'm talking about the different sorts of fruit, vegetables, and meat, making me hungry. It's fun, but annoying at the same time.

Also, I read a book yesterday about personal responsibility, but it was more for businesses, so it was kind of strange. I finished it in less than an hour. It talked about asking 'What' or 'How' rather than 'Why', 'When', or 'Who' when you see things that need to be done.

There is this quote that I found the other day that says 'All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.' -T.E. Lawrence

That's it,
~The Big Dreamer~