Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

EFY and YWiE

A lot has happened since I last posted. I've just been busy, I guess. On Saturday I went to EFY. I went with dad several hours early and helped set up. EFY itself was good. The first speaker talked about repentence, and at the end of his talk he sang a song that he wrote that was really touching. I admit it, I teared up a bit. The second speaker was good too, she's a little crazy though, I think. She spoke on praying and shared how to always get answers to your prayers, and how to get good grades. The third speaker was the best in my opinion. I'm not sure what his topic was. Maybe it was being an example, but anyway, he compared teenagers to chickens. He was a bit odd. He said how we should all be an example to those we are around. He talked about the pecking order as well.

After we ate dinner, Stacia and her mom decided we should go get ice cream, so we headed out to their car. Stacia started the car, but then closed the door with them still locked. The car was running and there was no way to get in. I'll just say this: She's a blond.

The dance was interesting. Neither Katie nor Meagan was around during the dance, so I didn't really have any one to hang around that I knew. I danced a lot more than at regular dances, I suppose that's because there were more boys. I've decided that I'm not going to marry anyone that lives anywhere near here, because they are all idiots. Every single one I danced with were immature. For example, one of the guys asked which school I attended and I replied that I was home schooled. He stared at me for a few moments, then started laughing and didn't stop the whole rest of the time we were dancing. I see no way that being home schooled is funny. He was a bad dancer too.

Then there was this other guy, I swear he was stalking me. He was staring at me nearly the whole time. He didn't even ask me to dance or anything, just stared.

Anyway, it was altogether quite fun.

Monday night, I had a strange dream. I used to have strange dreams like it when I was in public school. Now that I'm in high school, it's starting up again. I suppose it's probably stress causing me to have the odd dreams. Anyway, the dream was about a horse loving zombie that nearly killed me. In fact, I get almost killed in a lot of my dreams. It's strange, really. I once had this dream that me, mom, Lydia, Ginanne, and Emily were all shopping in the mall and I suddenly heard this loud boom, like a gunshot, then suddenly every thing went black. It was really freaky.

This morning, as it's veteran's day, I got off of Seminary. I still woke up at 5:30 though, because that's the time I always get up. I stayed in bed for another two and a half hours reading though, I got my book half finished. I've been busy lately and haven't had the time to relax and read. It was good to spend several hours reading a good book.

Tonight was Young Women in Excellence. The theme was stars, so we all dressed in blue and the room had lots of cool decorations. We had a nice dinner, then we had to sing. I was singing a solo. It was scary. I swear I was horrible when I was up there singing, but afterward I got so many complements on it. I swear (not that I'm supposed to swear or anything) that I got more complements than I've gotten before in my entire life. And with those complements came hugs. I'm not really a hugging person, so it was kind of strange getting a lot of hugs. It was people I knew really well, though. My Seminary teacher, my Mia Maids teacher, my past teachers that I've had in different classes, my trek mom...lots of people giving hugs to me. I guess I found a new talent, not that I didn't have too many talents before I found it.

So Meagan wants me to come play laser tag with her sometime during Christmas break. I really have no idea what laser tag even is. Well I mean, it's tag played with lasers, but I have no idea. It'll probably fall through anyway. She invite's me to a lot of things but I never end up going because I just don't know what to do or where to go. She leaves out a lot of information to things she tells me. She's a good friend though, I think she's the friend that I've had the longest. We grew up together, but I still don't consider us best friends. She's just not the right person to be a best friend, I don't really know why. I guess we're just not that close.

Okay, this is getting long enough. I'll finish up with a cool quote or two.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

Live everyday as if it's your last, then someday, you'll be right!

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Goodbye everyone,
~The Big Dreamer~