Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Sky

Since the theme of this month's NaBloPoMo is 'Look Up' I figured I'd post a few pictures of the sky that I took. The sky is the most 'up' thing you can look at, right? They're nothing great, just some pictures of the sky.

Anyway, on with the post. In church today, I was asked to give a talk on the Importance of Education on May 23rd in Sacrament meeting. That means I have two talks in one month. Seriously, that's kind of annoying.

The lesson in Young Women's today was on journalism, and I decided to try to set a goal to start writing in a journal at least twice a week. It'll be another thing added to this whole blogging thing, except that blogging and keeping a journal are mostly different things. Oh, and we got special flower pens that we're supposed to use to write in our journals, so how could I pass up using that pen?

On another note, last night I finally started working on my Haley Potter fanfic. Yes, I know what you're thinking, 'another writing project?' but I've been working on this one for a couple years now and it still isn't going anywhere at all, yet I have it all planned out. Now, it's near the top of my list, just under The Brotherhood. Sadly, it even beats Involuntary Notion.

On a more random thought, I had the strangest dream a couple nights ago. It does somewhat relate to my talk I have to give. You see, in the dream, I stood up and started giving the talk, but then I didn't stop. I just kept going and went fifteen minutes into the next meeting. I didn't even seem to realize that I was going WAY over my five minute limit, so I kept talking. Finally, someone in the congregation stood up and shouted "Shut up and sit down! I want to go home and your talk isn't even that interesting!" I nearly died of embarrassment and then I woke up. It was one of the more strange dreams I've had, even though I know exactly where it is coming from this time.

Anyway, I guess I'm done for today.