Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Stuck on a Desert Island with a Pair of Broken Headphones and a Stupid Video Game

Prompt: If you were stranded on a desert island, what ten things would you want in your pockets?


Matches
A pocket knife
A magnifying glass
A notebook
A pencil
A photograph of my family
Some water purification tablets
A pocket book of handy survival tips
A bottle of sun block, highest SPF possible
Chapstick

~~~

I suppose it's been a while since I've done this, so I should probably do it. Let's see, Saturday, the 19th, Dad took us to see the Monster Trucks for his 50th birthday. Sunday, the 20th, I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting. I've had a cousin born, on my dad's side, and one of my cousins, also on my dad's side, had a baby too. I've started making dinner for the family once a week. Lydia has borrowed a bunch of movies from the library, and so I've spent time watching them with her, in other words, I'm over 12,000 words behind my word count goal right now. I drove to Colville and back, and survived. Ashley had her baby shower. Any other significant events? No, not really. Just boring old life, as usual.

In the few times that I've actually managed to get some writing done, I've spent it working on my Haley Potter Fanfic, which is the one that I've tried to write umpteen times but it has never come out right. I think I've finally got it though.

In other news, my headphones broke, so now I can't even listen to music while I work. That's pretty annoying, considering one of the reasons I listened to music was so I didn't have to hear the TV in the background, which Lydia and Mom almost constantly have on. Sometimes, okay, most of the time, I really wish we didn't even have TV in our house. Too bad they're so addicted to watching it all the time and refuse to get rid of it.

Also, I've decided video games are stupid as well. Particularly my Harry Potter game. It was all going well enough, but then, halfway through the ninth level, the game got stuck and there was no possible way to progress, so I had to restart my entire game from the beginning. Yeah, now I'm wary of even playing it, because I don't want to have to do everything over again.