Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Progress

Prompt: Who's your favorite character from a book, play, film, or other work of art?

I'm going to choose out of my own characters, rather than try to choose out of someone else's work of art, so here goes:

The story of mine that has most of my favorite characters that I've created in it is my 2009 NaNovel. I don't really like the main character, but I like all of the minor characters a lot, especially Jared.

Of my main characters, I like Elliza, from my 2010 NaNovel, the best, probably because she's my most recent main character, and she is the most developed character I've created.

I also have a character named Jasper, who has popped into most of my longer stories in just one or two scenes randomly, and plays no real significant part. In one of my stories, he was even beheaded...

~~~

It's been too long since I last actually posted something on my blog. Since my last post, I've turned seventeen, attended a lia sophia jewelry party, and kept just chugging through my word count.

I passed the fifty thousand mark on Jan 31st, which was to be expected, since I'm aiming for 50,000 words a month.

I've finished several stories since then as well, all but two of my shorter stories that were on my list. Now I just have my longer stories and fanfics to concentrate on.

The last few days, I've been working mostly on my Haley Potter fic. Of all the past times I've rewritten it, I have more than 57,000 words on it, but I won't be using those, since I'm going to be starting it again from scratch. I made a list of the main events that would take place. It was ten pages long. Then, I extended those events and wrote details about what might happen for each main event. That is taking a lot of time. I've made it through the first page and slightly down the second, and I'm already at nearly 5,000 words. At this rate, the outline will be around 80 pages and be around 32,000 words. That will make for a super long fanfic. I may just have to divide it up into a series or something.

I still can't resist starting a new story every once in a while. I've written and posted one completely new fanfic up on fanfiction.net. It was only a oneshot. Today, I had another idea for a story, which I'm turning into just a oneshot as well. I think it's good for me to get away from my WiP list once in a while and do something new. It's a good thing they're just oneshots, though, or I'd just be adding to my WiP list.