Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Elusive Bookworm's Routine

Prompt : Tell us seven things you do when you procrastinate.


When I am procrastinating something, I get on Facebook and check out the "likes" pages, or one of my friends photo albums that I really don't care much about.


I also find something else to do, like for writing, I check on my writing sites or write on my blog instead, or just surf the web.


Number three is that I go watch TV, in the other room.


If I'm not done procrastinating yet, I then start organizing my files on my computer, something that could be good, but not when I'm supposed to be writing that difficult scene for my story. Or I organize my school crate. Or the large amount of pencils in my pencil holder.


I play Freecell. I usually play around twenty days a day, while waiting for sites to load or procrastinating something.


I eat candy. There's a candy dish by my computer where I dump all my candy I get from Seminary every morning. When I'm procrastinating something, I start going through that candy like crazy.


And the last thing I do (and one of the most common) when I procrastinate is read fanfiction. When I'm avoiding that scene, I go read fanfiction, after all, I never ever intended to write fanfictions until I had read 100+ stories that were all fanfics and finally decided to start writing my own. It's good inspiration, though still a method of procrastination.


~~~


Ever wonder what I typically do every day? Here's your chance to find out.


I wake up at 5:30 AM, quickly change out of my pajamas into some jeans, feed my two fish, Bob and George, then head out the door to Seminary, leaving at 5:45 AM.


Seminary gets out at about 7:05 AM, so I'm back home at 7:30 AM.


Immediately after Lydia and I get back from Seminary, we have Family Scripture Study, for around fifteen minutes. Sometimes, Mom also makes breakfast for us to eat at that time, otherwise I'm on my own.


At 8:00 AM, I'm already working school work, most days. I used to do my schoolwork in the order of hardest subject to least hardest subject, but for the new semester, I changed it to alphabetical order by name, just to change stuff up. I never like things to stay the same way for very long.


Depending on the day, I have ClassConnects during the morning hours, except Yearbook, which is at 3:00 PM on Mondays. 


School work can take anywhere from two hours to six hours, depending on the level of difficulty and whether or not I have to write an essay in several classes. However, I'm usually completing my last subject at noon, then take a short break for lunch.


From there, I start writing. I start at oneword.com and write with a prompt for a minute to warm up. Sometimes, I then go to 750words.com and write 750 words in one sitting as fast as I can. That takes fifteen minutes, or less.


Next, I get on to the actual writing. I work on The Innocents' Revenge very first, since that's my fanfic that I'm supposed to be posting online regularly. Then, I work on whichever story I've been working on lately, which happens to be my Haley Potter Fic.


Once I reach at least 2000 words from everything put together, I take a break. Most of the time, I go do my daily Wii Fitness work out. Then, I come back to my computer and check up on my other writing sites, WriYe, writing.com, and I used to go to The Muse Bunny, but they closed that forum down just recently.


If I'm in the mood, I then continue writing. If not, I go back to the Wii and play my Harry Potter game for the rest of the day.


At 9:00 PM, I go up to bed, regardless of if I'm in the middle of something or not. Of course, I usually spend at least an hour reading, and sometimes writing still, in my bedroom before actually getting to sleep.


Well, there you go. That's what a typical day for me is like.