Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring!

Today I'm really happy. It's the first day of Spring and the sun is out!

This morning we didn't have a lesson or anything for Seminary. We ate pancakes, sausages, and hot cocoa while working on scripture masteries...of course, since I'm finished with mine, I didn't really do anything except talk with people. It was fun though.

Last Wednesday at mutual we did 'Hold to the Iron Rod Chef'...or Iron Chef. Each class brought an appetizer, then we decorated cakes to see who was the best. Our appetizer got third place and our cake got second. It was fun, even if we didn't win anything.

Yesterday was the usual go into town and piano lessons and stuff. I'm in the middle of three book series right now and I picked up the next book of all three of them at the library yesterday...at least I'll have plenty to read for a few days.

I've got the Sonatina I'm playing for music fest almost memorized...or one third of it anyway. Since it has three different movements it might as well be three different songs. I've pretty much got the first movement memorized, which I'm pretty excited about. It's an awesome song.

Here's some links to a person playing the different movements of the song if you want to hear what it's gonna sound like when I'm finished.
YouTube - Clementi Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Movement 1
YouTube - Clementi Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Movement 2
YouTube - Clementi Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Movement 3

Tonight mom is taking us to the church to go babysit...that'll probably be boring. I'll probably bring one of my books and read the whole time unless I'm really needed.

Oh, and I wrote my research paper on Muzio Clementi...the composer who wrote the sonatina mentioned before...he's probably my favorite composer at the moment. I like him better than Mozart, Beethoven, or Haydn, the other famous composers in his time.

Yea, so I guess that's it for now,
~The Big Dreamer~