Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just Another Update On My Mostly Boring and Average Life.

What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you? Hum...well, nothing REALLY scary has ever happened. There's been all those near car accidents that have happened since I started learning to drive, of course. Then, there was that incident with those stupid cops that nearly gave me a heart attack. Last year, MusicFest was really scary, mostly because it was new and made me super nervous.


The scariest, though, was probably when, on the way home from Seminary, mom got really sick and ended up having to go to the hospital to get a tumor removed. That scared me a lot. 


~~~


On a lighter topic, I got my Driver's License yesterday. Finally! Although it'll only really change with driving to Seminary and Mutual, there's just something to having your Driver's License...independence maybe?


Today for the October NaNo Prep Challenge on writing.com, I was supposed to draw a setting that was part of my novel. I chose to make a map of the city that is on the moon. I made it on Excel, and I think it turned out pretty well, although I couldn't manage to fit in quite as many house as I would have liked to. All well, I guess the Moon civilization is restricted to only 452 families.....


So, I think I'm going to change The Brotherhood II's title to either The Uprising  or The Innocents' Revenge.  I asked for title ideas from my fans, and then put all the suggestions to a vote, and those two are the only two that have been voted through so far. I do like them both, though.

So with school, things have changed a bit since the start of the year. First of all, I'm finding myself, wait for it....almost ENJOYING history! That's a far cry from where I've always been, hating the lessons and just trying to get them done.

My second favorite class is French, actually. I don't like the speaking part of it, so much, but I like learning the new words every week and being able to form sentences. I'm  thinking of, way later on - possibly next year, when I'm in French II, trying to write a story in French. Maybe even translate one of my existing stories into French.

Digital Video Production is my next favorite. Of course, it's super slow, like all the rest of the tech class I've taken. I don't like it as much as the other two tech classes, though. It's not something I'd consider for a career.

Next is Journalism. The actual classes and lessons are super boring, but the Yearbook ClassConnects make up for it.

Then comes literature. The last two units have been boring, but the next one is about mythology, so hopefully it'll get better.

Lastly, is Music Appreciation. It's all about jazz, and you'd think that it was interesting and stuff, but the lessons are actually very dull. Plus, for the tests, you have to go through and memorize all these names and dates of jazz performers and what type of jazz they created. There must be around fifty types of jazz.

It's funny, really, that the classes I was looking forwards to most, ended up being my least favorite, and the ones I was kind of dreading ended up being my favorite. That's very strange, for me. Things don't usually happen like that.