Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good and Bad

I got my braces off last Thursday. It was exciting, but now I have to wear a retainer, which is annoying. It's only for a month though, then I can start wearing it only at night.

You know that story I was writing for the BYU contest thing? Well, my computer closed down for an automatic update one night, and when I opened it up again, the story was completely gone. I know I had saved and opened that story several times before this happened, so I know that it wasn't just because I didn't save it. Anyway, it was going to be too long anyway. Even if I start it all over again, it won't be ready for me to submit for the contest, so I guess I'm just not going to enter.

Now, since I am not really working on anything, besides The Brotherhood, my fanfiction, I am working on a project that has nothing to do with writing. In fact, it is origami. I am making a fancy origami swan. It isn't just a simple swan, it is very complex and time consuming. Here's the link to a video showing how to make it.

I took my Vocabulary Final today. I got 100% on it, which is good, since I probably won't do that well on the grammar test. It counter balances it.

I was working on editing my novel yesterday but I've been making mental changes and getting ideas for changes to it for a couple weeks and it is going to take some serious work to make all those changes happen. I'm deleting a whole character and adding another one, plus making a minor character a major one. I'm turning one of the bad guys into a good guy and making the bad guy even worse. I'm going to be rewriting pretty much everything except the very beginning and the very end but keeping the main plot mostly the same. No worries, though, I'm keeping the original, just in case I totally mess it up and decide to change it back or something.

~MajorBookworm~