Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Sanctuary

Prompt: Two teenage girls are slugging it out in a parking lot. What do you do?


Seriously, the first thing that came to my mind was to take notes on it. Who knows when I might have to include a scene like that in one of my many writings? In reality, though, I'd probably stay out of it. Maybe get an adult to break it up. I'm not really one to rush in to situations like that.

~~~


Writing, to me, is a sanctuary. It's a thing I do to get away from everything else. Sure, I do it to amuse myself when I'm bored, or to get rid of the thoughts that my overactive imagination conjures up, but really, the reason I originally started to write was to avoid life. With writing, I can create my own worlds, and then put myself into a character's shoes as they do stuff in that world.

I started writing seriously when I was twelve. That year was probably the worst year in my life, which doesn't say much, since I've only lived through almost seventeen years. I was going through so much, though.

Since then, whenever I've struggled with anything, I've turned to writing. It relieves my stress. Last year after NaNoWriMo, I had a serious case of Writer's Block, which lasted almost two months. It was horrible. I was so stressed out until I finally got through it.

It's no wonder, then, that I've been writing so much lately, what with everything going on. It feels good just to be able to retreat into my own mind and become a different person for a while.

People have wondered why I'm rarely angry or upset. Writing's why. It calms me down and cheers me up. Everyone needs an outlet for their frustrations. Mine is writing. And it works.

I didn't really find it surprising that  I tested high for Avoidant Personality Disorder on Ginanne's personality disorder test. I avoid the real world. How much more can you avoid than that?